Terms of Booking
- How do I book a rental car in MKV?
You can book a car online or website or you can also find out the best rental offers available with MKV. Contact MKV for car rental services. You can connect with MKV by phone or WhatsApp directly.
Suggest your required car. Delivery is usually available at your convenience. That’s it!
- Why do I have to pay a security deposit?
A refundable security deposit is required by us, mainly, in case of RTA fines, damage to the car (if not covered by insurance), and car theft. The amount is held for up to 30 days as RTA / Police fine reports are sometimes delayed.
- Can I rent a car without a credit card?
Yes, we accept Car rental payments as well as security deposits by cash and/or debit card. However, a security deposit by credit card as a prior authorization block is recommended as it’s automatically released by the bank after 28 days.
- Can anyone else drive the rental car other than me?
Only the renter is allowed to drive the rental car as the car insurance is assigned to his name. However, an additional driver can be added to the insurance coverage allowing him/her to drive the same car as well. Be sure to do this at the start of the rental, additional charges may apply.
- Can I rent a car with a new driving license in Dubai, UAE?
Yes, you can still rent a car with a new driving license.
However, please note that the insurance terms may differ for those with driving licenses less than 6 months old. For instance, the insurance coverage is only 90%, which means that in case of an accident or damage due to your fault (Dubai Police Report required). You will be liable to pay the excess amount and 10% of the amount the insurance company quotes.
- What are my overheads (additional costs) involved in renting a car with MKV?
Your overheads may include Salik (toll), fuel, and parking on your own as per your usage. Delivery and pick-up for the rental car might be charged extra.
- Why do customers need a credit card to rent a car?
Credit cards are mandatory for security deposits. This blocked amount is not deducted from the card unless there are charges added to a contract after the MKV vehicle has been returned. For Example, Salik (Toll) & traffic fines.
- What kind of driver’s license is required to drive in the UAE, and does it have to be an international License?
- For UAE Resident Visa Holders: A valid UAE Driving License.
- For Visitors (on visit/transit visa) from GCC Countries: A valid GCC country driving license.
- For visitors from all other countries other than GCC countries (on visit/transit): a valid international driving license.
- When will MKV refund the cash security deposit amount to the Renter?
The security deposit is refunded in cash/online transfer to the Renter within 30 days from the date of vehicle return. The charges for the online transfer are borne by the Renter.
- What is the minimum eligible age to rent a car with MKV?
Yes, the Renter should be 23 years and hold a valid driving license to drive in UAE. But if the Renter is less than 23 years but above 18 years. So, there is the possibility to rent a car with extra charges.
- What about traffic violations?
We strongly urge all customers to follow the traffic regulations for their safety and to ensure that they adhere to the law.
- What should we do in case there is a breakdown or accident reported?
MKV Rent a Car offers 24hr breakdown and roadside assistance. If a vehicle is involved in an accident, the car should not be moved, unless the damage is minor, and the vehicle is causing an obstruction.
The Renter should call the police (999) and obtain a police report to be submitted to MKV Rent a Car. Please note that insurance cover is void if a valid police report is not provided.
Kindly notify our Customer Care Department about the incident and a replacement vehicle will be arranged if required.
- Can anyone other than the named driver on the agreement drives the car?
Yes, an additional driver can be added for a minimal charge. Kindly inform the MKV Rent a Car front desk at the time of the rental and make sure that the additional driver’s documents a passport, and a valid driving license are submitted to the MKV representative.
- Can customers pick up the vehicle at one location and drop it off at any other?
Yes, cars can be dropped off at any MKV Rent a Car location. Customers might need to pay a minimum Drop-Off charge if they are returning the vehicle at the airport.
- What happens if the car is returned late?
Our Rental Service is on a 24-hour basis. Any further extensions will amount to an additional day’s charge.
- Is this possible to extend the rental period beyond the initial booking?
Yes. Rental period extensions can be made at any time during the rental. If the vehicle is available your rental will be extended, and you must intimate to our customer care.